MediaTek has traditionally focussed on and targeted the mid-range of the mobile market including tablets and smartphones, and their range of processors is quite wide. With the announcement of MediaTek Dimensity 1000, they have launched their flagship processor. Let’s find out what MediaTek has included on Mediatek Dimensity 1000 system on a chip, and have a look at Mediatek Dimensity 1000 specifications.
Mediatek Dimensity 1000 Specifications
- It is built on a 7nm FinFet SoC process technology, which is the same as Qualcomm, Samsung, Apple, and Huawei.
- It comes with an incredible processing powerhouse of four Cortex A-77 cores clocked at 2.6GHz, and four Cortex A-55 cores clocked at 2 GHz.
- All the eight cores are partnered to a low-latency last-level cache to improve performance and power-efficiency even further.
- It comes with a leading GPU from ARM to give gamers immense graphics at their fingertips i.e Mali G-77 MC9 (with nine cores), where Samsung’s Exynos 990 has got eleven G-77 cores.
- HyperEngine 2.0 enhances the whole smartphone experience, through networking enhancements that predict network traffic to reduce the latency for smooth gameplay; rapid responsiveness that shaves milliseconds off touchscreen input to display and audio actions; and picture quality enhancements that auto-optimize the frame settings.
APU 3.0(AI Processing Unit)
- It has also got a neural processing unit i.e. APU, they call it an AI processing unit to make it different from other NPUs from other companies. This APU has six AI processors (two big cores, three small cores, and a single tiny core) to meet smartphone AI needs, which is a quite interesting development by MediaTek.
- APU 3.0 gives 2.5X better performance than APU 2.0.
- It supports up to 16 Gigabytes of RAM, LPDDR4X, which is the faster version of LPDDR4.
Image Signal Processor
- It has got a five core image signal processor, which means there is a lot of power for taking images from the cameras and then processing them, which include all post-processing effects.
- It supports 4K at 60 fps for H.264 and H,265.
- It supports 2K+ displays at 90 hertz, and Full-HD display up to 120 hertz.
- It supports the AV1 format.
5G Modem and Compatability
- There is an integrated (inside the processor) 5G modem.
- It is a multimode modem, it supports 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G.
- It supports standalone non-standalone, carrier aggregation, it has got lots of lovely things.
- It is missing a millimeter-wave built into it, which is also missing in Exynos 980 and Huawei.
- It supports Wi-fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1 as well as Bluetooth Low Energy Audio (BLE).
- Wi-fi 6 offers up to 1Gbps throughput both in downlink and uplink.
All these features are really positioning MediaTek Dimensity 1000 up there with Kirin, Exynos, Qualcomm.
Comparison with the previous generation MediaTek G90T and G90 Processors
Check the detailed comparison of G90 and G90T
Source of Data: MediaTek