|S. No||Feature||Snapdragon 845||Kirin 970|
|1.||Processor||Octa-core 8x Kryo 385|
Clock frequency: Up to 2.8 GHz, 2nd Gen 10nm
FinFET LPP, 64-bit.
|Octa-core 4x Cortex-A73 2.4 GHz, 4x Cortex-A53 1.8 GHz 10 nm, 64 bit.|
|2.||GPU||Adreno 630||ARM Mali-G72 MP12|
|3.||Camera||Up to 32 MP single camera, Up to 16 MP dual camera. Up to 4K Ultra HD at 60 fps video recording and video playback. Spectra ISP 280||Dual camera support. Up to 4K Ultra HD at 30 fps video recording, and up to 4K Ultra HD at 30 fps video playback. Advanced dual ISP|
|4.||Video mode||Up to 4K Ultra HD||Up to 4K Ultra HD|
|5.||Connectivity||Dual Band Wi-Fi 2x2 802.11ad Multi-Gigabit with MU-MIMO.||Dual Band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with 4x4 MIMO.|
|6.||Bluetooth & Internet||Bluetooth 5.0, NFC Cellular Modem: Snapdragon X20 LTE, up to 1.2 Gbps download speed, up to 150 Mbps upload speed.||Bluetooth 4.2, NFC Cellular Modem: LTE Cat.18 up to 1.2 Gbps download speed.|
|7.||Audio||Qualcomm Aqstic audio technology, Qualcomm Aptx.||32 BIT/384 KHz quality.|
|8.||Location||GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS. Low Power Geofencing and Tracking, Sensor- assisted navigation.||GPS, GLONASS, BDS.|
|9.||Battery Charging||Qualcomm Quick charge 4/4+.||Fast battery charging.|
Geekbench Single-Core score
Kirin 970 – 3771
Snapdragon – 1882
Geekbench Multi-Core score
Kirin 970 – 8883
Snapdragon 845 – 6625
Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- It is a 64-bit system on a chip. CPU in the Snapdragon 845 is the Kryo 385. There are four high-performance cores Cortex-A75 running at 2.8 GHz and four power-efficient cores running at 1.8 GHz. Each of the cores has the L1 cache and L2 cache, beneath them there is an L3 cache of 2 megabytes which works around the core.
- Qualcomm has added another layer of cache which is further 3 megabytes when the CPU and the GPU want to communicate that data can be cached on the chip without going to main memory. Using a significant amount of caching, and using Cortex-A75 and Cortex-A55, Qualcomm has managed to bump up the performance of Snapdragon 845 by 30% than the previous generation.
- This system on a chip uses LP low power DDR4, it runs at 1.8 GHz.
- The GPU that comes in the Snapdragon 845 is the Adreno 630. It comes with 30% greater performance while using 30% less power. it also has a 2.5 times faster display throughput.
- The DSP in the Snapdragon 845 is the Hexagon 685. Its functionality includes digital signal processing, doing vector calculations. There is a third generation of vector engine inside this DSP. Qualcomm has positioned this for all of its neural network processing. The DSP supports all the common neural networking frameworks including TensorFlow light and also support halide a programming language which is being used for image processing.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 comes with Spectra 280 ISP, the image signal processor which is used when data comes from the camera and it processes that information and turns it into movie files and JPEG files. It can record 4K at 60 fps, it supports 10-bit color gamut for video recording, it can do slo-mo videos at 480 fps at 720p.
- Qualcomm Aqustic supports aptX which is the Bluetooth codec from Qualcomm which delivers greater audio quality than the standard Bluetooth codec. It also supports Bluetooth wireless that allows two Bluetooth streams to come independently to the left earbud and the right earbud. It supports Bluetooth 5.0.
- It has a got X20 LTE category 18 modem which can download at a speed of 1.2 gigabits per second. It supports Quick Charge 4, and it is backwardly compatible with USB power delivery. It has a security processing unit to keep fingerprint data and passwords to protect your digital information.
- Kirin 970 is the first mobile AI computing platform by Huawei., the new heterogeneous computing architecture of the Kirin 970 delivers about 25x the performance with 50x greater efficiency. Simply put, the Kirin 970 can perform the same AI computing tasks faster and with much lower energy consumption. One example of this is image recognition speed. The Kirin 970 is capable of processing about 2005 images per minute. It is 10 nm process technology integrating 5.5 billion transistors.
- Kirin 970 has an octa-core processor which includes four Cortex-A73 cores operating at a frequency of 2.36 GHz and four Cortex-A53 cores operating at a frequency of 1.8 GHz.
- Kirin 970 comes with ARM Mali G72 12 core GPU (operating at 850 MHz) with 20% more graphics processing performance and 50% more energy efficient than the previous-generation GPU. It enables large 3D games to run more smoothly and longer, and facilitates AR/VR through the new-generation mobile Internet.
- It supports up to 8GiB of quad-channel LPDDR4X-3732 memory.
- It comes with dual ISP with improved photography performance, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC Cellular Modem: LTE Cat.18 up to 1.2 Gbps download speed.
- With 32 BIT/384 kHz quality audio and AI noise reduction, Kirin 970 brings some good music experience to its users.
Also, read Mobile GPU comparison, rankings, explanation